Tired Of Old Discolored Fillings in your smile?
How we perceive our smile and appearance affects our self-esteem, our moods and how we function in social and business relationships. Common conditions that impact negatively on your smile include:
- Broken, cracked or worn teeth,
- Discolored teeth,
- Missing teeth,
- Crooked teeth, decayed teeth,
- Gaps between your teeth and/or "gummy smiles."
Each patient and each specific circumstance must be evaluated on its own merits. Factors such as occlusion [bite], oral habits, available space, health of the gum tissue, severity of the problem and patient expectation must be taken into consideration while planning your cosmetic makeover. Tooth-colored fillings [restorations] may begin to look grungy after a period, depending on your eating and drinking habits and the length of time the restorations have been in your mouth.
At Bucktown Dental Associates we offer two choices to correct discolored fillings:
- Replacing the tooth-colored resin fillings with new composite restorations. However, they may pick-up stains along the restoration/tooth interface, and eventually, they too will begin to discolor or breakdown. I tell my patients that although using composite fillings may keep expenses down now, it may cost more over the long run and may still not satisfy cosmetic needs.
- Replacing the tooth-colored resin fillings with cosmetic porcelain veneers. Porcelain will not discolor or fade. Porcelain veneers give uniform and spectacular look for teeth. This is the advice I give my patients at Bucktown Dental Associates.
Call our office if you think you're a candidate for this type of procedure.