We all have a fear that prevents us from doing something, and sometimes, that something is important. Believe it or not, millions of Americans avoid the dentist. An estimated 75 million people in the United States live with some type of dental fear, some children and some adults. Whatever the reason may be, the fears have caused these individuals to skip out on dental care. Seeking dental care is important for your health, and Dr. Elseweifi has a solution to your dental fears.
The Answer: Sedation Dentistry & Syringe-Free Anesthesia
Dr. Elseweifi uses advanced techniques to manage anxiety and dental fear. These, include sedation dentistry
and the Wand - syringe-free anesthesia system.
Sedation dentistry has become a popular trend for patients who are nervous of visiting the dentist. Sedation is used to comfort and keep the patient at ease during dental services. Dr. Elseweifi received sedation training and will safely monitor you during the procedure. There are different options a patient may choose for sedation. Types of sedation include:
* Nitrous Oxide Analgesia - This is commonly known as laughing gas. It is used to decrease pain and anxiety. It is very useful for children so they may relax and are more likely to cooperate.
* Oral Sedation Dentistry - Sedation dentist Dr. Elseweifi will administer anti-anxiety medicine about an hour before the procedure. This will allow the patient to relax but is still fully alert.
* Anti-Anxiety Pill - anti-anxiety or a sleeping pill may also be prescribed the night before the appointment. This can help the patient with falling asleep and getting much-needed rest.
The Wand is a Computer Guided Anesthesia System. It allows Dr. Elseweifi to offer syringe-free anesthesia. The state-of-the-art system can make your visit easier and more comfortable for you and your family.
Sedation can be useful if:
* You do not want to be aware of what is happening
* You want some help to relax
* You want to get your teeth fixed quickly
Patients have said that using sedation dentistry has made going to the dentist a more pleasant experience. Some patients do not recall the visit and feel that the treatment only lasted a few minutes, when it may have taken a few hours.
It’s time to face that fear and call Dr. Elseweifi at Bucktown Dental Associates today. He is able to talk through with you any concerns you may have, and he will know if sedation dentistry is best for you.