Looking for Children Dentistry? We Love Treating Kids!
At Bucktown Dental Associates, we provide Children dentistry. We understand how important your child's dental health is to you. Our dental staff has excellent experience with children. We treat children with special needs. Dr. Elseweifi has years of experience treating children. We do preventive dental care to avoid emergency dental situations.
Important information about baby teeth
Your Child’s 1st dental visit
You should take your child to the dentist by age 1 or within six months after the first tooth erupts.
Cleaning baby's teeth
Use soft children’s toothbrush with a small bead of low fluoride tooth paste. Try to do it twice a day. preferably one designed specifically for infants, should be used at least once a day at bedtime.
Toothache in baby teeth
Toothache can happen to baby teeth for many reasons. Give the child Tylenol and call our office as soon as possible.
Protecting baby teeth
- Never get your child sleep with a bottle of mild or juice. If you must use a bottle, use it with plain water.
- Brush baby teeth twice a day. Help your child with brushing.
- Don’t skip routine dental visits every six months.
- Make sure your child gets fluoride treatment.
- Once adult teeth erupts, they should receive dental sealants.
- If your child plays sports, make sure they use a mouthguard.
Our children dentistry services include:
- Preventive care. We offer dental exams, cleanings, fluoride treatments, and sealants. Preventive dental care is crucial for the growth and development of your child. They prevent oral disease and cavities. During exams, we evaluate your child's dental development.
- Restorative care.: We offer fillings, stainless steel crowns, space maintainers and baby root canal, (also called Pulpotomy).
- Orthodontics (treatment of bite and tooth alignment problems). We offer early orthodontic treatment for children,
- Minor surgery for children. we offer extractions for baby and adult teeth and, selected gingival (gum surgery),
- Emergency children dentistry (accidents/trauma, infected/abscessed teeth and gums).
- Children dentistry under Sedation. We offer sedation for children with special needs. We offer sedation for children who cannot cooperate because of age or anxiety.
Does Children's Dentistry Mean Different Treatment?
Procedures for Children are different from those for adults . A child’s body is different that of an adult. A child undergoes growth and development of the jaws and teeth.
In addition, baby teeth are different in size and anatomy . For example, a baby tooth with a large cavity cannot hold a filling. A baby tooth with a large cavity needs a stainless steel crown.
We can answer any questions you may have regarding your child's dental health.
We look forward to helping your child achieve the best dental health.