What are dermal fillers?
Most dermal fillers are temporary, lasting for few months, and need to be repeatedly injected. Unlike Botox, that is injected to relax muscles, dermal fillers fill wrinkle and crease areas. Many patients need a combination of Botox and wrinkle fillers. Dermal fillers are also great for men.
Why Are Dermal Fillers Used?
Dermal fillers are used to restore fullness and enhance appearance as in the following conditions:
- Lip augmentation (Lip enhancement) to plump thin lips and correct lip asymmetry.
- Cheek augmentation to restore fullness to the cheeks.
- Smoothening of facial wrinkles such as those at the corners of the mouth.
- Treatment of depressed scars.
- Nefertiti lift for the neck when combined with Botox.
For consultation and too get injection of dermal filler or Botox in Bucktown, Chicago, call (773) 276-2757. What Are the Types of Dermal Fillers?
Hyaluronic Acid Wrinkle Fillers: Hyaluronic acid fillers (such as Juvederm and Belotero Balance® ) restore the lost skin hyaluronic acid and stimulate the body to produce collagen.
Synthetic Wrinkle Fillers: Synthetic wrinkle fillers (such as Radiesse and Sculptra) produce longer lasting results. However, they are more likely to produce side effects than Hyaluronic acid fillers. Radiesse is made of calcium-based microspheres. It is used for deep dermal injections.
Belotero Balance® is a dermal filler manufactured by Merz. It is made of hyaluronic acid (HA).According to the manufacturer, Boletero completely integrates into the skin tissue. This makes it ideal for deeply etched skin lines such as lipstick lines of the lips.
Belotero Balance® may last about 6 months or more. In areas that experience a lot of movement due to eating, talking, and smiling, the product may not last as long as other less active areas.
Juvederm ® group of wrinkle fillers is manufactured by Allergan. This group included Juvederm XC and Juvederm Voluma XC. Juvederm is made of hyaluronic acid (HA). These products include a small quantity of local anesthetic Lidocaine.
Juvederm Voluma® XC Voluma is a thicker gel than other members of the Juvederm group of dermal fillers. It is also made of hyaluronic acid. It is injected into deeper tissues. Therefore, it is used as a cheeks filler for cheek enhancement in people over 21. As a cheek filler, it lasts up to two years with optimal treatment.
Radiesse is a dermal filler manufactured by Merz. It is comprised of Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in an aqueous gel carrier.
Radiesse restores lost volume immediately and continues to work by stimulating natural collagen formation.
Choosing the type of dermal filler depends on many factors such as location of the treatment area, age, and depth of the wrinkles. There is no need to decide which filler you prefer before your appointment. During your consultation, you and Dr. Elseweifi can decide which filler is best for you.
What Are the Cases Treated with Dermal Fillers?
- Smile lines (nasolabial folds: folds extending from the nose to the corner of the mouth.
- Marionette lines at the corners of the mouth.
- Chin area between the chin and the lower lip.
- Smoker’s lines of the lips (lipstick lines).
- Cheek augmentation.
- Lip augmentation.
- Augmentation of the hollow under the eye.
- To close gaps between teeth, also called as black triangles.
What Are the Side Effects of Dermal Fillers?
Injection of face fillers may cause some side effects that often resolve within 7 days. Side effects may last 2 to 4 weeks after injection of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC. It is important to discuss health conditions in detailes with us before having face fillers injection. Some conditions can prevent you from having face fillers injection.
- Local reactions at the Injection site such as swelling, bruising, redness, hardening of the skin, pain, altered color or itching.
- Headache, swelling of the side of the nose, moderate cold sore, lip numbness, and lip dryness.
- As with all skin-injections, there is a risk of infection.
- More serious reactions include tissue ischemia and tissue necrosis.
- Reactions away from the injection site may include embolic effects due to unintentional injection into a blood vessel.
- Severe allergic reactions may occur.
Nasolabial folds & Marionette lines treated with dermal fillers
Information about dermal filler treatments and how to prepare for it.
Are you looking for dermal filler injection in Chicago?
For consultation and too get injection of dermal filler or Botox in Bucktown, Chicago, call 773-276-2757
Bucktown Smiles - Bucktown Dental Associates
2002 N Damen Ave, Chicago, IL 60647