Face fillers (dermal fillers) are used for facial rejuvenation to restore lost volume, augment lips, augment cheeks, smooth facial wrinkles, and treat drooping mouth corners. They also used for cheek enhancement and lip enhancement. When combined with thread lift, face fillers can achieve excellent skin tightening and a yourful look. Dr. Elseweifi in Chicago uses Belotero and Radiesse. He also offers specialized dermal fillers for men.
How do Face Fillers Work?
Face fillers restore lost volume in and under the skin. They also smooth creases and wrinkles.
Who should avoid face fillers Injection?
- Patients with severe allergies manifested by a history of anaphylaxis, or history or presence of multiple severe allergies;
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to any of the components;
- Patients with bleeding disorders.
- Patients with bleeding disorders,
- Patients who are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Patients with a history of excessive scarring, keloid formations, and pigmentation disorders (safety not confirmed).
- Patients with very thin skin in the cheek area (safety of repeat treatments not confirmed)
- Patients on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection.
- Patients using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners.
- Patients allergic to lidocaine should avoid face fillers containing lidocaine.
How to Prepare For Face Fillers Injection:
- If you develop a cold sore, blemish, or rash prior to your face fillers appointment you must reschedule.
- Schedule your treatment at least 2 weeks prior to any special event or vacation.
- Let us know if you are prone to cold sores – a pre-operative medication may help prevent cold sores after treatment.
- Do not take Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week before and after treatment.
- Discontinue Retin-A two (2) days before and two (2) days after treatment.
- AVOID: Alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates (you may eat fruit), spicy foods, and cigarettes 24-48 hours before treatment
What to Expect During and After Face Fillers Injection:
What To Do After Face Fillers Injections:
- Apply ice for the first hour after treatment for ten minutes on and ten minutes off.
- DO NOT: touch, press, rub or manipulate the implanted areas for the rest of the day after treatment.
- Avoid kissing, puckering and sucking movements for the rest of the day as these motor movements can undesirably displace the implanted dermal filler material.
- AVOID: Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A., Vitamin E, or other essential fatty acids at least 3 days after treatment.
- AVOID: Alcohol, caffeine, niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates (you may eat fruit), spicy foods, and cigarettes 24-48 hours after your treatment.
- AVOID: Vigorous exercise and sun and heat exposure for 3 days after treatment.
- DISCONTINUE: Retin 2 days after treatment. It is best to wear no makeup or lipstick until the next day. Earlier use can cause pustules.