Improving outline of the face with Nefertiti Lift is important for face rejuvenation. A beautiful feminine face is heart shaped with well-defined jaw line and tight neck skin. The common Botox injection into the forehead wrinkles without addressing the lower face and neck does not improve appearance significantly. Dr. Elseweifi in Chicago uses severa treatment options to do the Nefertiti lift.
What is Nefertiti Lift?
The Nefertiti Lift is named after the famous Egyptian Queen Nefertiti. Nefertiti is considered a representative figure of beauty. Her statue shows a long neck and well-defined jaw line.
Why is Nefertiti Lift Needed?
As we get older, the lower Muscles of the lower face and neck become more active and pull the jawline down. The platysma (a big superficial muscle of the neck):
- Pulls the skin of the lower face and cheeks downward,
- Obliterates the jaw line and Jowl area, and
- Produces neckbands called platysma bands.
Injecting neuromodulators such as BOTOX® and Dysport™ relaxes the neck and lower face muscles. This results in:
How do you know the Nefertiti Lift is right for you?
Nefertiti Lift produces best results for patients with banding of the platysma (neck) muscle without skin laxity of the neck and lower face. Patients with significant skin laxity in the neck and lower face may need surgical skin reduction.
How is Nefertiti Lift Done?
- A neuromodulator such as BOTOX® or Xeomin is injected into the Platysma muscle of the neck (along the jawline and into the muscle bands), the masseter muscle at the corner of the jaw, and into the chin (mentalis) muscle.
- Double chin (submental fullness) is removed by double chin removal injection (Kybella).
- Thread lift is used for tightening sagging skin of the lower face and neck.
- dermal filler may be injected into the jowl area.
Does Nefertiti Lift treatment require maintenance?
Treatments with neuromodulator injections such as BOTOX® are not permanent. They need to be repeated every four to six months.
Side Effects of Nefertiti Lift:
Other than possible side effects of neuromodulators such as BOTOX®, treatment is safe. Care should be taken when injecting muscles of the lower face to prevent asymmetric smiles.
If you are interested in Nefertiti lift in Chicago, call us today for a consultation appointment. 773-276-2757