Now you can benefit from PRP facial rejuvenation to remove fine lines and wrinkles. PRP facial rejuvenation, also known as PRP facial treatment or PRP facelift, is PRP injection for face. It is commonly used to treat dark circles and puffiness under the eyes and fine lines and sagging around the mouth. PRP injection for face can restore vibrant look to your face.
What is PRP
PRP facial treatment uses PRP (platelet rich plasma) that is extracted from your own body. The PRP is plasma with a higher concentration of platelets. Platelets help tissues heal.
What to expect during and after the PRP facial rejuvenation
- We draw a small amount of blood from your arm.
- We spin the blood to separate red blood cells and white blood cells. This leaves clear plasma with high concentration of platelets (PRP).
- We inject the PRP into the skin using a very fine needle. PRP injection for face only takes few minutes.
- Some patients develop swelling, bruising, or redness that last for few days.
How does PRP facial rejuvenation work?
After PRP facial treatment, the PRP regenerates tissues and stimulates stem cells. The stimulated stem cells produce new collagen fibers. The newly formed collagen fibers tightens the skin and make it more youthful. In this manner, the PRP softens wrinkles, creating a softer smoother skin.
How does PRP facial rejuvenation differ from dermal fillers
Dermal fillers soften deeper lines and wrinkles and enlarge lips. Repeated injection with fillers is required to fill the area again.
PRP facial rejuvenation stimulates your own collagen to form rather fill individual wrinkles. PRP is used to soften cheek indentations and under eye hollows. It also enhances skin tone and texture. PRP facial treatment can be used in combination with dermal fillers.
How long does it take to recover after PRP facial treatment?
Recovery time after PRP facial treatment is minimal. Your face may be red for few hours and bruising usually disappears after 2-3 days.
How long does the PRP injection for face take?
It usually takes about 20 minutes to draw and spin your blood, and about another 30 minutes for the PRP injection for face.
When will I see improvement after PRP facial treatment?
The new cell growth in your skin generated by the Platelet Rich Plasma It takes 3-4 weeks for the PRP to general new cell and collagen growth. You will look better after more time passes.
How many sessions of PRP injection for face will I need?
For best results, you may need up to 3 sessions of PRP injection for face - one injection per month.
Techniques of PRP facial treatment
There are three different techniques of PRP facial treatment:
- PRP injection for face: The PRP is injected into facial skin to stimulate new collagen formation
- PRP combined with dermal fillers. Belotero dermal filler is combined with PRP injection for the face. PRP and dermal filler injections supplement each other. The dermal filler restores lost volume and fill wrinkles. The PRP improves skin texture and tone.
- PRP facial. The PRP is not injected into the skin, but is applied to the skin as a topical treatment, often with micro needling.
What are the risks of PRP injection for face?
Risks of PRP facial treatment are low, but could include:
- Swelling / bruising,
- Temporary skin soreness,
- Local skin imperfections,
- Local infection.
How long does the results of PRP facial rejuvenation last?
Results may vary, but often last for 14 - 18 months.